Saturday, June 30, 2012

Let's talk about MILK!

Why do we drink cow's milk? (I paraphrased some of this from the book Skinny Bitch since I'm horrible at explaining things.)


When a baby is born, it drinks the mother's breast milk (If they're lucky) and it grows from say, 8lbs to a 24lb toddler. By design it's intended to allow for the biggest growth spurt of a person's entire life. And when the mother stops nursing.. the milk dries up and they never nurse ever again..


Cows and most mammals are the same. Their bodies produce milk only when they give birth. BUT there is a major difference! Cows milk, by design, grows a 90-pound calf into a 2000-pound cow over the course of two years. They DOUBLE their birth weight in FORTY-SEVEN DAYS


Does that sound like something you're trying to do? We are HUMANS, and they are COWS. (Point made!) That milk was not meant for us! Also we are the only species on this planet that drinks another species' milk, as well as drinking milk beyond childhood. And for those of you trying to get a little something "extra", what you're getting is MUCUS, colds, allergies and a possible growth of bacteria in your intestines that leads to cancer! 


The multibillion dollar Dairy Industry has brilliant marketing and addictive tastes that convince most people and doctors that we need it to grow. 


There have been studies that say milk actually leaches calcium from the body..

If you want milk with your cereal, try some almond, rice, or coconut milk! (I don't recommend soy, myself)


If you need calcium, eat some Kale! If you need vitamin D, take a supplement, get some sun, or eat some mushrooms!


Most people don't think about these things and that's what I'm here for!


Another good read about milk. http://www.waoy.org/9.html

1 comment:

  1. I really felt the effects of milk after my accident. I talked to my rehab doctor because I was coughing up flem and he told me to stop drinking it because that's what was causing it.

    ReplyDelete